[fpc-pascal] FreePascal/Lazarus plug-in's for Delphi.

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 16:26:12 CET 2008

I think all efforts should the concentrated on providing mainstream
features that are common in newer development platforms (Java/C#) .  I
feel that spending time on making Delphi code more readable is a waste
since there are SO many other issues that need to be dealt with.

C# has a lot of ideas FPC can take on.  I say contributors should
think about bringing in new functionality and Expanding FPC to include
such features rather than deal with Delphi issues.  The benefits of
using FPC (write 1 compile X OSs) far outweigh any issues an
individual will have at learning which Library replaces Win32 or what
not.

FPC/Lazarus has come a long way in the 2 years I've been following the
project.  Keep up the good work and push forward...  Don't get side
tracked by all these compatibility issues.  Infact, add more features
that are currently not present in Pascal - Lamda Expressions etc...
A.I. in Code Insight... There are hundreds of new issues to pioneer -
let's not get caught up in a quagmire.