[fpc-pascal] Cannot find GTK

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Fri Dec 12 09:24:51 CET 2008

On Fri, December 12, 2008 08:15, Andres Linares wrote:

> It still doesn't work. Is there any other path? or maybe, is there other
> unset thing?

I believe you mentioned previously that the unit is found if you use the
command line compiler, right? Could you please check the path
(successfully) used there by using the -vt option if compiling from the
command line and compare it to your entry in the FP IDE directory
configuration dialogue (use of FPC "macros" instead of some absolute parts
as suggested below should be OK, of course). Moreover, could you please
check that "fpc -l" and FP IDE About dialogue refer to the same compiler
version? Finally: can you please check the physical presence of the files
gtk.o and gtk.ppu on your drive (under
/usr/lib/fpc/2.2.2/packages/gtk1/i386-linux (assuming FPC version 2.2.2
and i386-linux as your current platform)?

The path to the library itself should be probably configured in the
appropriate section of the same dialogue box obviously, but I believe that
you mentioned that the error message in FP IDE complained about not being
able to find the unit, right?

Tomas