[fpc-pascal] setting output dir inside fpc's package tree

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Dec 8 22:24:09 CET 2008

On 08 Dec 2008, at 21:58, Marc Santhoff wrote:

> I' trying again, apparently I wasn't able to make my problem clear.
>
> I want to write a Makefile.fpc for fpcmake that does the same thing as
> any other package inside the $fpc/packages/extra directory tree.
>
> How can I force the output directory of .ppu files to the correct
> place
> (being ./units/$cputarget-$ostarget/ if I understand correctly)?
>
> I do not see statements enforcing this behaviour in the other
> "Makefile.fpc"'s I took as example.

As far as I can tell it's simply the default behaviour of the
Makefiles generated by fpcmake:

FULL_TARGET=$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)
ifneq ($(findstring $(OS_SOURCE),$(LIMIT83fs)),)
TARGETSUFFIX=$(OS_TARGET)
SOURCESUFFIX=$(OS_SOURCE)
else
TARGETSUFFIX=$(FULL_TARGET)
SOURCESUFFIX=$(FULL_SOURCE)
endif

ifndef COMPILER_UNITTARGETDIR
ifdef PACKAGEDIR_MAIN
COMPILER_UNITTARGETDIR=$(PACKAGEDIR_MAIN)/units/$(TARGETSUFFIX)
else
COMPILER_UNITTARGETDIR=units/$(TARGETSUFFIX)
endif
endif

ifdef COMPILER_UNITTARGETDIR
override FPCOPT+=-FU$(COMPILER_UNITTARGETDIR)

Jonas