[fpc-pascal] Porting linux to pascal, would it be, possible ?

Prince Riley wmarketing3 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 01:07:48 CET 2008

Hello Everyone,

While I can't honestly say I share any enthusiasm for writing a OS in
FreePascal, I do think there is merit in looking for projects of similar
scope and interest that can demonstrate the power of the language and the
tremendous tools that have been developed by this group over the past four
years.

I do think that if someone were to interested in testing their mettle for
writing something like an OS, he or she might first take a crack at writing
a few of the GNU tools in FP. Say for example the BusyBox suite. Once they
had done that, there are a few more code foothills they could climb to build
up enough additional undestanding and programming techniques  others could
then learn and then join them later on more ambitious OS projects.

My current projects are to port the FP compiler to the OpenSolaris platform
and to eventually write an Eclipse plug-in oe a Mozilla based XUL
application (like Komodo) for FP. Ultimately, I am interested in exploring
more of the ARM platform support in FP.

Prince