[fpc-pascal] Re: Porting linux to pascal, would it be possible ?

Leonardo M. Ramé martinrame at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 12:46:06 CET 2008

--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Guillermo Martínez Jiménez <gmjimen at burdjia.com> wrote:

> By the way, Linux is good as it is now and Pascal isn't the best
> option to create an operating system.

Are you sure? doesn't older MacOS's versions where written in Object Pascal?

I think the problem here (again) is not the language, it's the critical mass of users of the language. Using C for Linux was a good bet, not because the language is good (Pascal is way better for me), but because C has a wider user base who can fix/add features.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com