[fpc-pascal] Lazarus: graphical interface using code only?

Ryan Mann ryan_mann at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 18:15:41 CET 2008

Hello.  To answer your question about screen readers, basically, a
screen reader reads in synthesized speech what a sighted person would
read on their monitor.  The way it works is that the program gets
information from the operating system about what is on the screen.
This means that on Windows, applications that use common Windows
controls usually work well with screen readers.  If an application
doesn't use the common Windows controls, it probably won't work
because the screen reader can't get the information that it needs from
the operating system.  On Mac OS 10, graphical applications need to
use the Coco interface in order for Voiceover, Mac OS 10's built-in
screen reader to work properly with the application.
I hope this is a good explanation.