[fpc-pascal] Lazarus: graphical interface using code only?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:17:15 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Ryan Mann <ryan_mann at mac.com> wrote:
> Hello.  I'm blind and the Lazarus IDE does not work that well with my screen
> reader.  Instead of using the IDE to design graphical interfaces, is it
> possible to write a graphical interface using Pascal code?

Yes, by all means. fpGUI Toolkit does this. There are no .lfm files,
only a single .pas file that represents a Form.  All UI code exists in
a AfterCreate() method.  fpGUI Toolkit does include a Visual Forms
Designer, but that designer is simply to speed up the creation of the
pascal code - still no .lfm files are used.  I'm also working on a
layout designer (I'm porting the Java MIG Layout) to Object Pascal and
fpGUI. This will make it even easier to create a user interface
without visual tools, plus it will be dpi and resolution independent.

Regards,
  - Graeme -