[fpc-pascal] GetAppConfigDir but for temp data?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:52:36 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>> I don't know which applications actually adhere to these locations
>> though, but I'm willing to start.  :-)
>
> On a KDE system: none.

:-) Like I said, Linux has a long way to go for desktop friendly apps.

> Well, KDE is a good standard as far as I'm concerned.
>
> Everything is in - more or less - logical places, and it's
> very well standardized.

And a LOT more consistent in it's UI compared to Gnome. Not to mention
that the "your a dumb user so we need to hide everything" approach of
Gnome is absolutely absurd.  I have KDE installed, but I simply can't
switch to it due to the "lazarus gets minimized when switching
desktops" bug. That drives me bonkers, so I'll stay with Gnome dekstop
for now. :-(   Until Graeme's clone #55 finishes his new Window
Manager written in fpGUI. :-)
[http://sourceforge.net/projects/fpwm/]

Regards,
  - Graeme -