[fpc-pascal] Installing on Mac OS X

Paul paul.blommaerts at telenet.be
Sun Aug 31 15:26:25 CEST 2008

Ok thanks,

> In the Finder, type cmd-shift-g (or menu Go and then "Go to  Folder..."),
> and type /usr/local/share/lazarus. You should find the  Lazarus
> application there. The reason that you don't find stuff  located there by
> default via the GUI (you can use an advanced search  to also search those
> locations), is that regular applications are not  supposed to be installed
> there. Only Unix-based stuff lives there  normally, and people using that
> normally use the command line.

I get an error though:
Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libglib-1.2.0.dylib
Are there any other packages to install then ?

> the Unix-underpinnings of Mac OS X would certainly be useful if you  have
> no prior Linux/Unix-experience.

which I don't have at all.
I need it for just one application for the moment, maybe later others will
follow.
But most likely, I'll need to convert that application to
WinCE/Symbian/Linux first
The reason I want to use FPC/Lazarus.

Paul