[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.2.2 failed to compile extpascal

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Thu Aug 28 07:27:19 CEST 2008

> I'm not sure what anyone can do for you except for trying to debug the
> problem themselves. strace (or rather ktrace under Mac OS X 10.4.x, and
> dtruss under Mac OS X 10.5.x) won't help at all if you indeed deleted
> all units. You can also just as well look in the output of that as
> anyone else to see where the units are coming from.

The .ppu file is deleted *before* the compilation to make sure next
compilation would build from source. I still kept .ppu files from the
last compilation.

I got 2 binaries. One is an old binary that works. One is a new binary
that is compiled from SVN that doesn't work. Using dtruss, I could see
everything goes well with the old binary. While with the new binary, I
saw lots of #ERR-? especially related to threading (sigxxx). Well,
actually I don't quite understand how to read dtruss output, so I was
just guessing based on "readable" text of it. :-D

-Bee-