[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.2.2 failed to compile extpascal

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Aug 25 15:37:58 CEST 2008

Bee schrieb:
>> Find the last working revision using a binary search. Start e.g. with
>> rev. 11000: if works, try 11322 etc. With this scheme a handfull tests
>> give you the last working revision and we know which revision broke
>> things and needs to be fixed :) A small script could even automate this.
>
> Alright then. Because this is just an experimental project, I'll do it
> in my spare time. Hopefully I would have the result by the end of this
> week.

That's a matter of a few minutes ;)

Using the script at
<http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/scripts/florian/unix/searchrev>
it took 12 min without any interaction to find a breaking revision for
some x86-64 problem. I used this script before to find a problem and
improved it slightly:

End of output:

Testing revision 11377 failed
Last working revision: 11376 (needed 9 runs)

real    12m19.018s
user    6m18.684s
sys     0m47.935s