[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.2.2 failed to compile extpascal

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Mon Aug 25 14:25:18 CEST 2008

> Find the last working revision using a binary search. Start e.g. with
> rev. 11000: if works, try 11322 etc. With this scheme a handfull tests
> give you the last working revision and we know which revision broke
> things and needs to be fixed :) A small script could even automate this.

Alright then. Because this is just an experimental project, I'll do it
in my spare time. Hopefully I would have the result by the end of this week.

>> Then I thought I should use latest FPC stable release, v.2.2.2.
>> Unfortunately, this version even failed to compile ExtPascal units. To
>> be precise, FPC v.2.2.2 refuses an array of integer become data type
>> for a published property.

However, the fact that FPC v.2.2.2 raises the above error still bugs me.
  Is it by design? Because I read some reports that it worked with FPC
v.2.2.0 on Windows. Language speaking, v.2.3.1 allows it too. I don't
understand why v.2.2.2 reject it.

Any explanations? TIA.

-Bee-