[fpc-pascal] Re: Strange Floating Point Exception problem

Tom Verhoeff T.Verhoeff at tue.nl
Mon Aug 25 00:42:38 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 12:20:48AM +0200, Tom Verhoeff wrote:
> I have an application (for optimizing decisions in the dice game Yahtzee)
> that uses Real and runs well with FPC on Mac OS X (PPC), but that
> fails with a Floating Point Exception (FPE) under Windows (FPC 2.2.0).

I "played" around some more to resolve this problem.

It now _seems_ to work, after suppressing all FPU exceptions through
SetExceptionMask in unit Math.

This is hardly satisfactory, since the place where the program got
interrupted (viz. if x < 0) cannot cause an exception, as far as I
can tell, since x is confirmed to equal -1 at that point.

So, the program now runs (but might misbehave).

I'll keep you posted.

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff @ TUE.NL     | Dept. of Math. & Comp. Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25        | Technische Universiteit Eindhoven