[fpc-pascal] [Linux] Accessing Shared Libraries in *Current* Binary Directory

T. Guilleminot tom at guilleminot.org
Wed Aug 20 15:37:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

For portability reason I would need to keep my shared libraries in the
same directory as the binary which need to call them.

As per http://courses.cs.vt.edu/~cs3304/FreePascal/doc/prog/node13.html :
"This program can be compiled without any additional command-switches, and
should run just like that, provided the library is placed where the system
can find it.
For example, on LINUX, this is /usr/lib or any directory listed in the
/etc/ld.so.conf file. On WINDOWS, this can be the program directory, the
WINDOWS system
directory, or any directoy mentioned in the PATH".

So I would basically need the behaviour of Windows on Linux. Of course I
would avoid to have to update ld.so.conf file.
Is there any solution ?

Thanks,
Tom