[fpc-pascal] Unit/library for writing data structures to files

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sun Aug 10 22:51:46 CEST 2008

Michael Van Canneyt writes:

> You can also try the Classes unit if you use object oriented programming.
> Each component can write itself to stream.

Played a little bit with the Classes unit.
Don't really see any benefit over justin writing records directly.
Am I missing something?

Also when reading back, on both cases(class or directly using records) it
seems I need to use fixed length records. At least based on the examples I
have seen so far. Is there a way to save variable length records and then
read them back?