[fpc-pascal] Ugly exception during compilation FPC 2.3.1 MacOS X 10.5 PowerPC

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Mon Aug 4 21:50:04 CEST 2008

Hello Mattias,

I have got some new facts about my problem. When I tried to execute
lazbuild with

./lazbuild -B --build-ide="-va -dVerboseOFExecute"

I've got the executable. When I try to start it, then nothing is
shown. When I try it over gdb then it writes that

MG> macg4:lazarus test$ gdb lazarus.app/
MG> GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-768) (Tue Oct  2 04:11:19 UTC 2007)
MG> Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
MG> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
MG> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
MG> Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
MG> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
MG> This GDB was configured as "powerpc-apple-darwin"...Reading
MG> symbols for shared libraries .......... done
MG>
MG> (gdb) r
MG> Starting program:
MG> /usr/local/share/lazarus/lazarus.app/Contents/MacOS/lazarus
MG> Reading symbols for shared libraries +++++++++............ done
MG> Reading symbols for shared libraries . done

in this point starts "Never ending story" and nothing is shown. Then I press Ctrl-C

MG> ^C
MG> Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
MG> 0x917803a8 in poll$UNIX2003 ()
MG> (gdb)

PS: msgview.lrs and msgview.lfm are from SVN 15417.

TRoland;

<<< 4.8.2008 18:08 - Mattias Gärtner "nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de" >>>
MG> Zitat von Roland Turcan <konf at rotursoft.sk>:

>> Hello All,
>>
>> Does anybody have any idea, what I can do with this problem?
>>[...]

MG> I never saw this problem.

>> VH> That it stopped due to an unhandled exception (that is what RTE217
>> means).

MG> Normally a process stopping with runtime error 217 gives:

MG> TCompiler.WriteError Internal compiler error! (217)
MG> Internal compiler error! (217)

MG> But Roland does not get this error message and the gdb backtraces do not help
MG> much. And for some reasons both lazarus and fpc have trouble. FPC gives 217 and
MG> TProcess can not handle it. So it is no normal 217.

MG> Mattias

Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk
http://exekutor.rotursoft.sk