[fpc-pascal] Looking for a Firebird book?

Tom York tyork at yorkinfo.com
Wed Apr 9 15:07:24 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Codebue Fabio - P-Soft <f.codebue at p-soft.biz>
wrote:

> Take a look to a new Firebird 2.1 next month and probably you will change
> your idea about it...
> UDF: FreeAdHocUDF, a lot of internal SQL function...
> and if you wanna a good book www.ibphoenix.com Helen Borrie book... a
> MUST!

Will 2.1 have a true auto increment attribute?  A boolean field perhaps?
Those are the only things that I miss when using FB.  I am aware that all of
these issues can be resolved by using generators/triggers and a validating
domain.  That is what I like about MySQL, MSSQL and others that are missing
from FB.

Do not misunderstand though.  I've used FB for 8+ years with great success
in embedded, small and large transactional systems without flaw.  Never had
a corrupt DB.  AFAIK, never had a corrupt backup.  Most of the time, I
deploy FB on Linux servers and backup using gbak.

Tom