[fpc-pascal] Looking for a Firebird book?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Apr 10 11:09:52 CEST 2008

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> > My point of view is that a database is for storage, not for logic...
>
> Ah, this is basic use of resources. The benefit of Stored Procs is speed
> of execution.

For dialy routines, only if they are not complex, and significantly reduce the amount of data
transfered tuples (the result set), and it can not be expressed in a query.

With complex I mean is that if the stored proc needs to use temp tables or
other state that consists out of a set of tuples, then it is usually slower.

Oh, and CPU is cheap compared to DB licenses nowadays.