[fpc-pascal] Why I?m choosing (Object) Pascal

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:08:50 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Ingemar Ragnemalm <ingemar at ragnemalm.se> wrote:
> Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>  > > > Hello,
>  > > >
>  > > > After a month (a bit more) of writing the above post, I finally
>  > > > released it in my blog:
>  > > > http://idkn.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/why-im-choosing-object-pascal/
>  >
>  > Just one remark:
>  >
>  > Have a look at http://www.morfik.com/ - a great way to creat pascal
>  > web applications. No need for Perl/Ruby/Python. These tools are primitive
>  > when compared to what Morfik does for you.
>  >
>  > Michael.
>
>  MS Windows only, otherwise it looks very interesting, although a bit
> pricey. No signs of support for other platforms? I must say that the very
> thought of creating web content with Pascal sounds like a dream compared to
> crappy languages like PHP.

Yes, but I prefer open source over a company only product. I do not
mind to pay for the tools, however, the past teaches us that business
issues can effect badly needed tools, so at the end, you either have a
product that does not follow the path you need, or a company that
sopped making the product itself (someone killed it or something).

>  /Ingemar

Ido
--
http://ik.homelinux.org/