[fpc-pascal] Re: backport 2.3.1 fix to 2.2.x fixes branch?

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:23:55 CEST 2008

>  If the fix is not too invasive (i.e., its effects are generally
>  overseeable), and if it has been in 2.3.1 for a while and no bad
>  effects are reported, then it will be merged after a while. These
>  particular fixes will be merged at some time in the future, but I
>  don't know when yet exactly. If you can test the fixes in trunk and
>  report whether or not everything indeed works now for you, that would
>  be very helpful.

Jonas,

Thank you for your response! I grabbed 2.3.1 from subversion and ran
both tests attached to bug 9089. The initialization code in the .so's
are indeed being called now. Finalization is not, but I read somewhere
else that that is another known issue, and, for me at least, that's
not as big a deal.

I would have reported these results in the bug itself, but I can't
seem to find a way for mantis to let me comment on them now that it's
closed.

My setup is Free Pascal Compiler version 2.3.1 [2008/04/01] for i386,
running on Ubuntu Linux 2.6.22-14-generic 7.10 kernel.

Thanks again for your help and for explaining how the merge process
works. Hopefully in a while we'll see it merged back!

Cheers,

Seth