[fpc-pascal] Crash at startup with sqlite project

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:31:01 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a simple project with sqlite 3. It's running on Windows with
FPC 2.2.0 and svn Lazarus, and my DLL is version is 3_5_7 downloaded
from official sqlite website.

It crashes at startup at sqlite3ds.pas at:

procedure TSqlite3Dataset.InternalInitFieldDefs;
  sqlite3_step(vm);   // Here

With the message:

ntdll!RtlEnumerateGenericTableLikeADirectory

And this stack trace:

#0 ntdll!RtlEnumerateGenericTableLikeADirectory at :0
#1 sqlite3_mutex_enter at :0
#2 sqlite3_step at :0
#3 TSQLITE3DATASET__INTERNALINITFIELDDEFS at sqlite3ds.pas:115
#4 TCUSTOMSQLITEDATASET__INTERNALOPEN at customsqliteds.pas:845
#5 $CUSTOMSQLITEDS$_Ld21 at :0
#6 $DBCOMPONENTS$_Ld6 at :0
#7 $CUSTOMSQLITEDS$_Ld24 at :0
#8 ?? at :0
#9 TDATASET__CREATE((^TCOMPONENT) 0x7c9140bb, (POINTER) 0x1673b0) at
dataset.inc:25
#10 TCOMPONENTSDATABASE__CREATE((POINTER) 0x580774,
(TCOMPONENTSDATABASE) 0x8dae8) at dbcomponents.pas:43
#11 DBCOMPONENTS_init at dbcomponents.pas:92
#12 fpc_initializeunits at system.inc:668
#13 ?? at :0
#14 ?? at :0

The project sources can be download from sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/turbocircuit

The strange part is that Lazarus runs fine with the sqlite package
installed and the same dll and also that I had already worked with
this project with all the same variables (except maybe sligtly
different sqlite3 version) on another windows xp machine and it all
worked fine.

Any ideas?

thanks,
--