[fpc-pascal] Audio development and /dev/dsp

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:18:24 CEST 2007

Hello list,

I have a weird problem when I'm trying to use /dev/dsp using Alsa-oss.
The first time I'm accessing /dev/dsp, the device works properly, and
I have sound inside, however, when I try to access the device again,
I'm getting

sox: Can't open output file '/dev/dsp': Device or resource busy

For example from the command "play" that uses that device.

Please note that his happens regardless of the program that uses the
/dev/dsp device.

I also tried to use /dev/snd/pcm.... but without any luck (no error
from using the descriptor, but no actual output is given.

I can't figure out what am I missing. And I do need to use the
/dev/dsp (for several reasons that are not controlled by me).

lsof does not give me any open access to the device.

I'm using Kubunto 7.04 amd64.

Any pointers to look at well be more then welcome.

Thanks,
Ido
--
http://ik.homelinux.org/