[fpc-pascal] Client/Server file transfer

Stephen Dickason sdickason at elcb.co.za
Mon Sep 17 15:36:02 CEST 2007

I'm needing to create two programs, a client and a server that will take a
file via command line parameter, compress, encrypt and send it from one
computer to another (possibly over the Net) and decrypt, decompress and save
file in original form.  In Delphi I would probably use some of the ICS
components, but seem to have problems compiling.  It seems there is a socket
unit in FPC with examples, but I haven't managed to get the 2.0.4 version
working on my XP machine - doesn't seem to be firewall problem.  For now the
two programs don't need a GUI interface.  Reason I need to make the programs
is because ftp server is too insecure.  I'm busy trying to get the latest
versions of FPC to see if it works with them.

Any advice is welcome, thanks
Stephen
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This E-Mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. It
is only intended for the use of the addressee indicated in this message.
If you are not an intended addressee of this email (or responsible for
delivery of the message to such person), the disclosure, copying or
delivering of the contents of this email to anyone else is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake
destroy the message and please notify us immediately by e-mail,
security at elcb.co.za.

Information or opinions in this message that do not relate to the
business of ELCB Information Services shall be treated as neither
given or endorsed by it.