[fpc-pascal] simple sound implementation

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Sun Sep 2 07:58:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've read in the docs for the crt-unit that the procedure "sound()" does
not work on windows.

Since I'm searching for a portable way of playing simple tones
(frequency & duration) I want to know if there is something as
replacement for the crt unit or if it still needs to be done.

FreeBSD has a simple speaker-device and is able to use it for simple
freqency and duration sounds via ioctl as well as playing musical notes
a simple acsii-notation. Maybe Linux, MacOS and others have similar
possibilities?

TIA,
Marc