[fpc-pascal] Speed

Jilani Khaldi jilani at cheapnet.it
Wed Oct 31 10:31:26 CET 2007

>> I hear the Intel C compilers and Fortran compilers and Ada compilers are better
>> optimized for certain things since FPC/delphi are generally desinged for GUI
>> programming. ;-)
>
> C/Fortran yes, Ada no; there exists no Intel Ada compiler.
False. There's no speed penalty for writing in Ada vs C. They use the
same Gnu compiler back-end, and thus the same assembler-level
optimizations. Identical algorithms implemented in the two languages
often produce indistinguishable performance.
There are cases where an Ada compiler can get better performance than
a C compiler, because the Ada compiler has more information to work
with.

--
Jilani KHALDI