[fpc-pascal] Specifying a Interface type via $Interfaces

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 11:49:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

I want to start learning the use of Interfaces. It's a language
feature I have by-passing for some time now. From what I have read
this seems to be a handy language feature to learn.

In the FPC documentation in mentions I can have COM or CORBA (Java)
interface types.  Could somebody please explain the difference.  And
why would I use one over the other?

COM sounds very Windows specific, so should I rather use CORBA
interface types. All my software target multiple platforms.  I mostly
develop under Linux though.

Anybody got some good links on information about Interfaces?  I'm
looking for some nice tutorials if possible.

Regards,
  - Graeme -