[fpc-pascal] IDE fonts and codepage

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Sat Oct 6 17:41:42 CEST 2007

Op Sat, 6 Oct 2007, schreef Frank McCormick:

> I followed the suggestion made sometime ago about loading cp850-8x16
> font to get the line drawing characters when in the IDE on the console,
> but noticed then I don't have certain characters available on the
> keyboard, such as '/' etc. Whats the solution to this. This whole issue
> of fonts and codepages is a little beyond me :)

You press the "/" key and no slash appears in the editor? Or you load
the font and the "/" stops working?

How do you load the font, using "setfont" from the command line or by
modifying configuration files?

> The IDE has no problem under X, matter of fact I love the fact it now
> supports the mouse!!

The disadvantage of X is that full funcationality is not possible. But we
are doing the maximum possible and will continue to push the limits :)

Daniël