[fpc-pascal] Cross-platform single instance

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:53:51 CEST 2007

Hello,

I was looking into a way to detect if an instance of my application is
running. Is there a cross-platform solution on rtl or fcl?

It seams that semaphores would be a good solution. I took a look at
pthreads and PSemaphore but that is only an alias for unix specific
semaphores.

If there is no current solution for this problem, may I implement
pthreads for Windows? Or maybe a new unit? I remember using Mutex
Windows APIs to do what I need in the past. There are probably
Semaphore functions that could be used to provide a uniform interface
across the supported platforms.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho