[fpc-pascal] streaming file from zip into my app

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:16:03 CET 2007

On 30/11/2007, dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:

> You can have a look at TZipFile
> (http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/ZipFile). The only problem still with
> it is that it does not support decoding / encoding. But the basis is there
> already. You can access a zipfile as if it's a filesystem.

Hi Darius,

I haven't forgotten about that component either... :-)  We simply
haven't reached that stage in our project yet.  We will be using
TZipFile for a custom compressed help format (something like OOo help)
and for storing our teaching modules (a maths tutoring system).

I would also like to incorporate 7zip compression support with the
existing ZLib compression.  I found a Object Pascal implementation of
7zip the other day.

Regards,
  - Graeme -