[fpc-pascal] What about to support of automation technologies (UNO, COM) ?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Thu Nov 8 11:37:11 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 08.11.2007, 12:11 +0300 schrieb Andrey Gusev:
> * Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at t-online.de> [Thu, 08 Nov 2007 05:47:06
> +0100]:
> > But what about the other ones?
>
> I cannot get even the clean comprehension - may fpc operate automated
> interfaces or not (in delphi style or somehow yet, fully or partially) ?
> FPC 2.2 reference, pg.40: "Remark: Dispatch interface support for
> variants is currently broken in the compiler."
> I cannot compile sources both Delphi-UNO and OOSDK-InstertTables -
> compiler sayed that he cannot process variants calls.
> But Florian Klaempfl say "Using the delphi units coming with the OO SDK
> I was able to create documents with OO"!

I really don't know for sure. The last time I used Windows-specific OLE
stuff has been years ago. I remember using the programs from the SDK
somewhen in the past and they did work - that doesn't tell anything
about todays fpc. But all this OLE Automation stuff is windows only.

For being cross platform you have to use a bridge between the compiler
in use and the office software. This bridge is compiler specific, each
compiler has to have it's own.

The one from sourceforge currently does not work with fpc, and asking
for "the other ones" was a reply to Marco writing:

> There appear to be several bridges. I tried Clootie's one. It is a mess, and
> I didn't even succeed to use it in Delphi without packages.

So there seem to be other bridges that I don't know but would like to.
Thats why I asked for the links pointing to these other bridge
implementations.

HTH,
Marc