[fpc-pascal] TAPI for Linux?

MichaƂ Niklas michal.niklas at heuthes.pl
Fri Nov 2 10:36:01 CET 2007

Graeme Geldenhuys pisze:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody know what is the equivalent for Microsoft TAPI but under the
> Linux platform?  Our windows applications can use TAPI to dial phone
> numbers stored in our applications Contacts screen.  I'd like to
> implement something like that when running under Linux as well.

Hello,

I successfully used asterisk to dial from both Windows and Linux clients,
especially web browsers.

How to do it?
1. install and configure asterisk: free & open source pbx with many
protocols
SIP, IAX, ISDN (some included some as add-ons): http://www.asterisk.org/
2. install web server
3. make simple cgi script that creates call file for asterisk:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out
4. call that cgi script from your application with simple HTTP query

We replaced our old plain PBX with much more configurable asterisk.

Regards,
Michal