[fpc-pascal] Timers in FPC

Rick Seiden rick at seidenmail.com
Thu May 31 15:48:23 CEST 2007

There's a contributed units <http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/db.php3>
link on the freepascal.org home page.  Perhaps it could go there.  Right
under it is a Contribute <http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/add.php3>
link that allows you to add it to the contributed units database.

I know this isn't adding it to the base RTL stuff, but it's a start for
now, no?

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> > I guess I'm a bit late in asking, seeing that I already implemented by
>> > own thread based timer. I works 100% for what I need. I just wondered
>> > if there was something like that built into FPC that I missed.  I
>> > would like to compare the implementations, or share mine if FPC
>> > doesn't have one.
>>
>> You're welcome to share yours.
>>
>> Michael.
>

> Hopefully somebody could find this useful or possibly it could find
> its way into FPC and be the beginnings of a basic timer in FPC.  Why
> must everybody always reinvent the wheel.  :-)
>
> See attached file: threadtimer.pas
>
> Usage:
> -----------
>
>  FTimer := TFPTimer.Create(nil);
>  FTimer.OnTimer      := @FTimerTimer;
>  FTimer.Interval     := 500;  // in milliseconds
>  FTimer.Enabled      := False;
>
> You can then call functions like:
> FTimer.On;
> FTimer.Off;
> FTimer.Enabled := False;

If you never have the courage to lose sight of the shore,
You'll never know the utter terror of being forever lost at sea