[fpc-pascal] Timers in FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:01:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

What timers classes or components does FPC have?  For example
something that can fire every 200ms or ever 2 minutes, etc...  I'm not
worried about high precision timers etc... Being out by a couple of
milliseconds is not a issue.

For example Delphi and Lazarus has a TTimer which does the job for me
(if I write VCL or LCL based apps).  I need something that doesn't
rely on the LCL or VCL, but that could be used safely in a GUI
environment like fpGUI.

I guess I'm a bit late in asking, seeing that I already implemented by
own thread based timer. I works 100% for what I need. I just wondered
if there was something like that built into FPC that I missed.  I
would like to compare the implementations, or share mine if FPC
doesn't have one.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys
General error, hit any user to continue.