[fpc-pascal] gcc beats fpc again

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Wed May 23 22:47:03 CEST 2007

Op Wed, 23 May 2007, schreef Christian Ulrich:

> > Very few OOP is used in the Pascal implementations, so Pascal and C are
> > on equal grounds here.
> >
> musnt the memory manager included if only few oo stuff is included ?

? The heap manager is always in the exe; it cannot be smarlinked away.

You can use the heap manager without using oo, so I don't understand this
question.

> why g++ is soo mutch slower than gcc if so few oo stuff is used ??

g++ implementations use C++ features. OOP is just one of them. Many use
templates, or operator overloading, and some use OOP.

> pure c is no higher level laguage for me. asm is not soo mutch more complex.
> pascal oo or not has so mutch more features its no compare.

That is a rather limited view you have; OO is not equal to a high level language.
and using Pascal does not necessarily mean you use OO.

Daniël