[fpc-pascal] SqlDB and Text BLOB fields (part 2)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:05:03 CEST 2007

I'm using a Firebird DB.  If I create a field with 'Blob sub_type 1'
and insert 3000 random characters, my applications freezes on the
.Commit.

If I created a field with 'varchar(3500)' and again insert 3000 random
characters it works fine.

Anybody got a clue why?  I'm using FPC 2.1.3 (r7241).  Using the exact
same test code, but instead of the SqlDB components, I use the FBLib
components, the Blob field passes without any problems.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

General error, hit any user to continue.