[fpc-pascal] FPCUnit: TestSuiteName vs TestName

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:02:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

When would you use TestSuiteName and when TestName?

For example, the following I think is wrong.

constructor TTestSuite.Create(AName: string);
begin
  Create();
  FName := AName;
end;

Shouldn't this set the FTestSuiteName field?
Now if I do a TestSuite.TestSuiteName it doesn't return FName, instead
it returns FTestSuiteName.  If I do a TestSuit.TestName it returns the
FName.

This problem seems to be confirmed with the following code:

constructor TTestSuite.Create(AClass: TClass; AName: string);
begin
  Create(AClass);
  FName := AName;
end;

This is getting very confusing. When are we supposed to use
TestSuiteName and when do we use TestName?

For example in DUnit you can register a test as follows:
  RegisterTest(cSuiteNameNonPersistentTests, ATestCaseClass.Suite);

So if I want to implement this in FPCUnit, what name am I supposed to set?

Maybe I'm just getting confused with the difference between TTest,
TTestCase and TTestSuite. I go read some more on this in the DUnit web
page (do we have FPCUnit docs explaining this?).

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

General error, hit any user to continue.