[fpc-pascal] Steps to achieve i386-wince

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue May 15 19:47:45 CEST 2007

> I definitely need more detailed information. I can find binutils-2.17 but
> there's nothing wince specific about what I found. I suspect FPC 2.1 is
> necessary because it was needed for the arm-wince case however I don't
> understand how to take the source code snapshots available and compile
> them. Any additional details would be appreciated.

You need to compile the source in such a way that makes them generate
i386-wince binaries. These are so called "cross" binaries (that generate
binaries for target i386-wince while being hosted on another).

This is generally a fairly easy process on *nix, and a horrible,
hair-pulling one on Windows. (which is why we provide a set that we were
lucky to create after sacrificing several chickens to various MinGW gods
with some associated Voodoo)

However in this case, it is worse. i386-wince is not support by my 2.17
binutils.

It might help to consult your HW vendor if he knows a patched src somewhere.
(or better, ready built cross bins (your target)->i386-wince.