[fpc-pascal] libsndfile library

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon May 7 09:33:29 CEST 2007

> On Linux I found only the sndfile unit (packages\extra\sndfile\).
>
> This require the presence of sndlife library on the distribution.
>
> In my PC I have Ubuntu 6.06 with libsndfile installed (dynamic library
> only):

> /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1.0.12
> /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1

Your Linux system is not properly configured for libsndfile development.

You miss the symlink from libsndfile.so -> libsndfile.so.1.0.12

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsndfile
> sound.pas(34,1) Error: Error while linking
>
> (note: the -Fl statements in fpc.cfg are tuned on /usr/ and /usr/lib/ so
> the real problem is that I don't have the static library)
>
> There is a chance to have my program linked on a system where I only
> have the Dynamic Libray?

A -lxxx searches for libxxx.so only, not for variants. Create symlinks if
necessary or try to install packages that might create symlinks (like -dev
packages on RedHat)