[fpc-pascal] multi threading under Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:11:43 CET 2007

Hi,

Anybody know how I can see the amount of threads running in a process
under Linux?  I don't mean programmatically in Free Pascal, I mean an
external tool.  Something like 'top' or 'ps aux' or Gnome System
Monitor, etc..

I wrote a program the executes multiple threads to calculate CRC32
values on files.  It verifies a CD-ROM against a list of previously
calculated CRC values (from the master CD) to make sure the copied
CD's has been written correctly.

Doing a 'ps aux' or using Gnome System Monitor, I can't see if those
threads are actually running or the amount of threads running.

BTW, I'm trying to run a maximum of 10 threads at a time.  This
exercise is to see if dual core or qaud core processors can do crc
checks against a CD-ROM faster than a single processor with a single
thread.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'