[fpc-pascal] CGI (with Free Pascal) vs PHP

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:24:25 CET 2007

On 3/6/07, Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> This is not the only problem. To be able to do multiple MySQL queries at
> once (the MySQL C client does not allow this), PHP must retrieve the whole
> record set at once, and keep it in memory, thus wasting a lot of memory.
>
> That has nothing to do with Mantis, but is a design problem of MySQL - and
> thus PHP. But unfortunately, MySQL is used most for PHP web apps, it gets
> shipped as the default.

I can't understand this either. I  personally think Firebird is a much
better RDMS and has a lot more features than MySQL, yet MySQL is a lot
more known than Firebird. A real pitty, but that still doesn't stop me
from using Firebird.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'