[fpc-pascal] CGI (with Free Pascal) vs PHP

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:12:21 CET 2007

Hi,

If you where planning on writing a new online inventory system with a
Firebird DB as backend. Yes that is what I'm about to do...  What
would be the best choice of language?

For one I don't know PHP, but was told it is really easy to learn.  I
know Object Pascal / Delphi very well.

What would be the advantages of one over the other.  Currently when I
write Free Pascal applications I use tiOPF (Object Persistent
Framework)  to handle all my object persistence. This also allows me
to switch DB backends without any code changes.  I guess using CGI
with Free Pascal I can still take advantage of that.

So 1 point to CGI and 0 to PHP.  :-)

Any more?

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'