[fpc-pascal] How to analyze a core dump?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Jun 30 15:58:22 CEST 2007

En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

> Maybe it's not a good idea to mix c multithreaded libraries and pascal
> code? Any special unit I should use? (I already tried cmem and it made
> no difference).
> If I cannot solve it I think I'll have to write a small backend program
> in c that communicates with pascal either through stdin/stdout
> redirection or with a socket.

Well, I actually did that and it works pretty well: I hacked the
existing linphonec console program to output status codes on stdout, I
spawn it using a TProcess to read its input and sending it commands.
Everything else in my program is pretty much the same (where before I
called a linphone routine, now I write to the TProcess input, where
before I gathered status information from a callback[*] now I read from
the TProcess output), so I think there's no glaring error in the logic
of my program, just something "strange" mixing pascal and c code (note
that I'm still using libusb with no apparent issues).
I'd really like to debug the original problem, since the current
workaround is too hackish to be published, but, alas, every effort to
debug it so far has failed.

[*]note that the callbacks were not called at random, but only during a
specific call to the linphone library, so there are no synchronization
differences between the library calls and the TProcess polling.

Bye
--
Luca