[fpc-pascal] What is TFPCustomDrawFont used for

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jun 29 13:11:12 CEST 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As the title says... Also what should I descend my fpGUI font class
> from?  TFPCustomDrawFont or TFPCustomFont?

It depends.

A TFPCustomDrawFont descendent "knows" how to draw itself on a canvas:
Normally you should not use it, unless you are planning to use freetype
support. There the font draws itself on a canvas. In all other cases
(windows, X etc), the canvas "knows" how to handle a font. (namely,
the system does it)

Michael.