[fpc-pascal] TFPTimer component.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jun 22 09:28:53 CEST 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 22/06/07, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> >
> > Some time ago, Graeme Geldenhuys (hope I spelled this correct from memory)
> > posted some TFPTimer component to this list.
>
> The name is 100% correct. :-)
> Thanks for taking my idea further and submitting it to FCL.  This is
> what I love about OpenSource - get the idea out there and let others
> extend and improve it if they wish.

Absolutely...

There are already 2 ideas for even further improvement:
- Use 1 thread to fire events for all timers.
  Should be relatively easy.

- Don't use synchronize to fire the timer, because that limits
  the use of timers to the main thread.
  This one is harder, and I must confess I don't have a clue
  on how to implement this in a platform independent manner...

Michael.