[fpc-pascal] CheckSynchronize

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Fri Jun 22 08:09:37 CEST 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 06:58:55 +0200 (CEST)
marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > On 21 jun 2007, at 20:52, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> >
> > ...  That said, you are clearly in favour of merging those patches, and so
> > is Vincent. ...
>
> I'm a simple echo of Vincent. The point is that I see Lazarus more or less
> as the (only) Tier 1 "customer". They earned that right by their feedback
> over the years. If they can't use the release straight up, I have some
> doubts about the processes use.

It is not that we can't use the release, but we (at least I) rather risk a possible instability rather than have some some known bugs and limitations. And that I want to invest time in it by distributing patched versions of fpc. I think this is similar to why there is debian for people who value stability and ubuntu for people who want faster bug fixes or new features.

--
Vincent