[fpc-pascal] CheckSynchronize

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jun 21 18:49:39 CEST 2007

On 21 jun 2007, at 18:39, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> And I do actually want to be as close as possible to the release
> code, but IMHO opnion the merge policy of the fpc team is too strict.

Afaics none of the two issues listed on that wiki page are
regressions. I therefore don't think it is unreasonable to not merge
changes of which no one knows the overall effects 1 month before the
final release, with not even a beta release in between.

We have done such things before (like switching the compiler to
executeprocess shortly before a release because dos.exec had 255 char
limitations, and then after the release it turned out that in some
not that uncommon situations executeprocess didn't work properly) and
we learnt from those mistakes, which is the whole reason why we now
have a release/merge procedure.

Jonas