[fpc-pascal] CheckSynchronize

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Thu Jun 21 18:39:46 CEST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:27:48 +0200 (CEST)
Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:

> > On 21 jun 2007, at 16:52, vsnijders at quicknet.nl wrote:
> >
> >> I committed it in trunk in r7756.
> >>
> >> I created a wiki page with missing changes in the fixes branch. I
> >> am considering to add them the snapshots built for Lazarus.
> >> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/
> >> Useful_changes_not_in_the_fixes_branch
> >
> > Please do not call such a modified FPC release "2.2.0", that will
> > lead to confusion and we will have to start asking "which 2.2.0
> > release" people have installed.
>
> You can also wait after the release and then use the 2.2.1 snapshot. After the release tag/branch
> is created the listed revisions can be merged to fixes_2_2 which is then know as 2.2.1 in svn.

Waiting until after the release has the disadvantage that these things cannot be tested, unless you use fpc 2.3.1, which to unstable at the moment.

And I do actually want to be as close as possible to the release code, but IMHO opnion the merge policy of the fpc team is too strict.

Vincent