[fpc-pascal] Documentation for sqldb

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 11:22:21 CEST 2007

On 20/06/07, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:

> You mean how many rows are affected by the last query you've run? I saw
> request for that earlier.
>
> But imho, you never need it. You always should know how many rows are
> affected before you execute a query. It could be a debug-tool,
> though.Maybe I could implement it. Maybe for one specific connection, or
> maybe even in a general form.

you can't always know, for instance if you do a conditional update:
update programmers set overtime = 'yes' where work_hours > 80

i've never used it in a program myself, but I've noted that there's an
api function for this in mysql and there's the sql function
ROW_COUNT() (in 5.0.1).  i suspect there are similar functions for
different flavours...

> Joost.

henry