[fpc-pascal] Re Serial (RS232)

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Jun 20 12:58:32 CEST 2007

En/na dale.harris at exgate.tek.com ha escrit:
> All
>   I've am wondering if FPC comes with a simple way to use the serial
> interface to a system. If someone could point me to
> something within I would be much appreciated. The documentation does not
> show anything on this and I want to do this
> with free pascal on linux. Anything on ethernet as well. Thanks in advance.

There's an (undocumented?[*]) serial unit in the rtl.
Or you can check out synaser:
http://synapse.ararat.cz/

[*] I cannot find it in
http://community.freepascal.org:10000/docs-html/rtl/index.html but I
have it in the source. The rtl is a treasure trove, but it's difficult
to find if something you need is there (or in the fcl) or not. I only
knew about serial.pp because I read about it in a previous thread.

Bye
--
Luca