[fpc-pascal] Mac losing Carbon support in 64bit Leopard

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Jun 15 17:17:21 CEST 2007

On 15 jun 2007, at 17:09, Henry Vermaak wrote:

> you can try and build all your functionality into an fpc dynamic lib
> and then link to it out of xcode.  we'll need a layer to export the
> objective c in a way that we can use it if we're ever going to use
> cocoa directly.  i think it contains a gazillion objects, so this is
> not trivial...

You don't really have to do that, Apple already did that:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ObjCRuntimeRef/

And those routines can be used to build an Objective Pascal on top,
to make interfacing easier. And for inspiration for that, see
http://www.pascal-central.com/cwpascal.html#Extensions%20providing%
20compatibili
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective_Modula-2

Jonas